ONE ROOM CHALLENGE- WEEK 2. MOOD BOARD

RECAP

We are into the second week of the ORC challenge and the Master Bedroom Moodboard is complete! Yes Lifestyle Loft Family, I am ready to get things going. You are probably thinking, shouldn’t you have already started? YES and No! Yes, because I have 4 Weeks and time is of the essence. I need every possible minute to make sure the I accomplish everything on my to do list. And NO because Prep and game planning is necessary in order for things to run smoothly.

Before I can get into it, you might be new here and have no idea what I am talking about. Last week the highly anticipated one room challenge launched. We are so lucky and fortunate that we got the opportunity to take part In the Fall 2019 Session. Last week I spoke about what the one room challenge is all about and what room I chose to make over. To find out more, check out week 1 to get current on all the deets.

CURRENTLY

My Master Bedroom has been light and airy for sometime now. Anyone that knows me, knows that I tend to stay with neutrals. The Problem that I have with this room, is that the neutrals are not balanced. There are different shades of white, and beiges and it just doesn’t look cohesive. Don’t believe me, see for yourself. Don’t you agree that I need to change somethings around? Leave a comment if you agree.

THE PLAN

After a couple of days of gathering lots of inspiration, I finally settled on the colour scheme that I would like to go with. Blue greens, with beiges and browns, black and gold. Wow, that was a mouthful. Yes it seems like it’s a lot rolling out of my tongue. And so I hope the moodboard below will give you a better visual. I am loving the midcentury modern vibe and I am looking to add that into my design scheme. I have always loved the idea of mixing metals, as you can see I have bit of gold, and silver.

One Room Challenge Moodboard

On the To Do List:

• Build A new Headboard
  • Repurpose Dresser and Nightstands
  • Build an Accent Wall
  • Paint
  • Add Accessories.

Seeing that I am a week behind and will be DIY’in the key pieces of furniture in my space,I began by going to my local fabric store and found the fabric that I will be using for the headboard. It is more rich than what I have on my Mood board, but I love that It works well with the greens and brown that I will be adding to the space. I also rough sketched the design of the accent wall.

Now I am going to sign a disclaimer that my sketching skills need little bit of help. I wanted to perfect it for you guys, but I haven’t had the chance to. Because I am running out of time, you will get to see rough sketch. However, I promise to come back and show you how I planned it on the wall. Which will definitely look better than what you see on the sketch.

There you have it Lifestyle Loft family. Are you ready to join me as I transform My master Bedroom? If you are, head on over to the lifestyle loft instagram page, to get behind the scenes access as I knock out my to do list for this challenge. Also check out the One room challenge blog and instagram page to check out all the other amazing designers and guest participants that will be a part of the Fall 2019 session as well.

Join us next week as we head into week 3 of the Challenge and see what I get to accomplish in the course of the week. Until next time, Have an awesome rest of the week.

14 Comments

• thelifestyleloft
      Author
      October 13, 2019 / 3:14 pm

Hi Suzannah, thank you so much. How did it go? I am super nervous I am going to be building out the headboard this week. I can’t wait to finish it. What room are you going to be working on this year?

Hope your having a great weekend. Have an awesome rest of the day.

1. October 10, 2019 / 3:31 am

Absolutely in love with your mood board! Love the colors and everything! So excited to follow along!

• thelifestyleloft
      Author
      October 13, 2019 / 3:13 pm

Hi Inna, how are you? Thank you so much.I really appreciate it. What room are you going to be working on? I will be stopping by your page to check it out. Hope you are having an amazing weekend. Have a great rest of the weekend.

• thelifestyleloft
      Author
      October 13, 2019 / 3:11 pm

Hi Angels, I know right! I couldn’t agree more. What are you working on for the challenge? I will be stoping by your blog to see. Hope you are having an amazing weekend.

2. October 10, 2019 / 1:20 pm

I love the direction you’re going and the bolder color palette in your mood board. Yes, I see what bugged you – all of your neutrals had varying undertones. Good luck with your project – I’m doing my own Master Bedroom and it’s quite an undertaking.

• thelifestyleloft
      Author
      October 13, 2019 / 3:09 pm

Hi Crystal, Thank you. I got some samples in and I will be posting the shades in the coming week or two. Yes, I am glad that you see what I see. Thank you so much. I am definitely going to be following your progress and Master Bedroom. I am sure it is is going to be stunning. Have an awesome rest of the weekend.

3. October 10, 2019 / 3:55 pm

It is going to be beautiful! I am going our master bedroom as well.

• thelifestyleloft
      Author
      October 13, 2019 / 3:07 pm

Thank you so much Jessica. That is awesome. I am going to be following you as well and can’t wait to see how your Master bedroom will turn out. I am sure it is going to be amazing. Have an awesome rest of the weekend.

4. October 12, 2019 / 9:54 pm

I love the mood board! Can’t wait to see how this space progresses!

• thelifestyleloft
      Author
      October 13, 2019 / 3:05 pm

Thank you Shelly.I am super excited and can’t wait to show you. Are you also participating in the challenge? Have a great rest of the day and weekend and Happy Thanksgiving.

5. October 15, 2019 / 2:39 am

I’m refreshing our bedroom for the ORC as well! I love the direction yours is going! Can’t wait to see how your head board turns out!

• thelifestyleloft
      Author
      October 24, 2019 / 5:22 pm

That is awesome. I will take a look at your bedroom makeover. Thank you so much. I completed the headboard and it is now up. I hope you like it.