We have come across some exciting styling jobs, and most with their own challenges. When we got the call to style this home, we couldn’t be more excited to take on the challenge.
The client had a vision for the home but also had a very tight budget. He purchased the home and had it sit in the market all winter. It was a cash deficit and as if that was not enough, he spent a lot of money upgrading his flooring and kitchen. With that in mind, we took on the challenge and got to work.
A couple of things to note when styling on a budget.
- Begin with the end in mind and walk through your home, listing all the items you desire to see in the space.
- Once you figured out what you want, itemize according to necessity and functionality. This makes it easier to eliminate things that you can do away with and what you can’t.
- Create a mood board. This is by far the best and easiest ways to get organized. In addition, moodboards streamline colour schemes and give you an idea of what your finished space will look like.
- It’s time to start your shopping. Begin with your big ticket items, which would be your furniture. If your not intimidated by buying slightly used items, visit kijiji, facebook marketplace and thrift stores. In this case, the client did not mind spending more on the furniture so he bought some pieces and rented some.
- Once you have sourced your big ticket items, you are now ready to dress your space with Art, bedding, and home Decor. For great bargains check out facebook marketplace, Kijiji and Value Village.
- For items like accent pillows and Art, Homesense, Marshalls, Our shop page and the sale sections of stores like Bouclair and Urban Barn will come in handy.
- You are now ready to stage.
With that being said, we had a lot of fun styling this home and are super excited to share with you how it turned out.
There you have it Lifestyle Loft Family. Hope you enjoyed this post. Comment below and let us know your thoughts. Have you had fun projects that you have tackled lately? Are there any topics you would like us to discuss?
Until Next time, Have a great week.