Hello lovers, Guess what day it is, it is Singles Awareness Day. Yes, you heard that right; Singles get to be celebrated too. You might be wondering what this day even means, don’t worry just like you, I didn’t even know this day existed. Singles Awareness day is a day that falls after Valentines Day and it is meant to provide singles the opportunity to celebrate and love on themselves. Even though Valentine’s day is the one day that we celebrate love and positivity, as well as a day specifically meant to be shared with a significant other, it also serves as a reminder to singles who don’t have significant others to celebrate with that they are alone.
Despite the negative misconceptions of not having someone to share valentines day with, or even just being Single, Singles Awareness Day serves as a day to empower us singles so that we cannot be looked at with self-pity but rather a chance to announce to the world that there is power and authenticity in being single. Being attached to someone doesn’t necessarily mean that you are less valuable. Cheers to all the singles out there like me who find their value and power in loving themselves first with or without a partner. And not bend to societal norms and misconceptions that as a single you are lonely, weak, and incapable of being loved and most of all have an emotional imbalance that prevents another from falling in love with you.
In Honor of Singles Awareness Day, take this day to celebrate who you are, your power and authenticity and the opportunity to treat yourself. Here are 25 Things you can do to do you and be great at your life being Single, Independent, Normal, Gallant, Liberated, and Empowered (S.I.N.G.L.E)
- Flowers- Indulge in flowers that make you feel special.
- Wardrobe- Buy whatever makes you feel special.
- “Guys” or “Girls” Night Out.
- Paint Night.
- Invest in your Future.
- Travel- Whether you are jumping on a plane or driving, go somewhere different.
- Learn a New Skill.
- Spa Day.
- Get Involved in Something Your Passionate About.
- Gifts For Other Single Friends.
- Sign onto Dating Sites.
- Go out to Dinner Somewhere Fancy.
- Something You Always Wanted.
- Tickets to an Event.
- Bucket List- Tackle something that you have on your Bucket List.
- Reinvent Yourself- Every Moment and Day is New Beginning.
- Set New Goals.
- Watch a movie or show that will make you laugh.
- Wine/ Drink Night with Friends or Alone.
- Enjoy Being Authentically You.
Most of All Happiness is a choice, not a result.Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy until you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you, it can only come from you. Cheers to being amazing, authentic and single and celebrating your single self while you push through societal misconceptions about singledom and still choosing to find your joy regardless.
Wherever life plants you, bloom with Grace~unknown